Sunday, August 24, 2008

Amazing Punggol Race











It’s been ages since I finally got a day off from everything and what a swell way to spend it on a photo outing with P. So much for trying to take photos that ain’t looking like Sg, it seriously felt like we were not in Sg. To all drivers out there, you can throw ur street directory out the window when you happen to be in the vicinity of Punngol-land.

Me: I wanna go to the beach area
P: Lets go to the marina country club area.
Me: Ok, u help with the navigation

After bout 20 minutes going around the bushland, we stumbled upon Punggol Seventeenth Avenue…The uber rich must really love their isolated space to go out of the way to live near swampland. Yikes..

Me: This is the Marina Country Club!? Looks like Malaysia...How the hell do they make money sia, no one in sight. *spots all the Chinese signs in sight*…eh this place is like cheena land. I only see ah peks and China looking ladies.

After a not so eventful photo-taking, we are just about to be oriented into the wonders of Punggol.

P: Omg dejavu…didn’t we just pass this same looking stretch of street with another LRT station…Twilight zone..
Me: Ya sia, didn’t we just pass this Ch temple. *after a few rounds*think we just passed a Hindu temple.
P: Maybe its all templated, every street in Punggol got same street, LRT station, place of worship.
Me: *figuring out wth to turn, been u-turning for the upteenth time*Oi….which road should I turn to….!?
P: *out of the corner of my eyes the street directory is on the floor, busily she’s fiddling with yellow subby*…..sooo cute….i’m so happy…whee..
Me: I’m entering sengkang, should I just go back to Punggol road again..?
P: …*still fiddling*…ya ok….*still grinning at yellow subby*
Me: I’m hungry…!! *spots jalan kayu exit thinks; jalan kayu got nice prata…..shud I? better not or another road trip adventure may ensue*
P: …wheee….so cute…

After turning bends and rounds of templated looking buildings, wide open spaces and the never-ending same stretch of road--(Punggol Way/Road/Central) all the freaking same— I finally concur that the urban planners designed Punggol in karma-esque concentric circles…maybe its all part of the fengshui cos of the war history of that place…or maybe its to pacify all u new couples who are getting flats there that really u aren’t shortchanged, that nobody gets a better area than others…all equal best ah..! somehow I think I’ll be lost there more often with more friends moving to that area to set up their lovenest..

Neways…glad u love the gift…here’s to more emotional blackmail moments from me…muahaha…yes if we do join amazing race, I’ll prob be stoned to death for being the anti-tudungster and u’ll be my human entertainment machine –batteries excluded, just feed her—cum gprs system =) Btw u are still a good navigator ah..

No comments: